Thursday, June 9, 2011

Creating Database with ASM File System

I am creating database using DBCA, and specify Automatic Storage Management as FileSystem.
Welcome screen of DBCA (Database Configuration Assistant)

















Step one of DBCA, Here we will select the Create a Database option.

















Step three, My database name and sid is "RAKESH"

















Step 6 of 13

















After pressing the next button, window will prompt for sys ASM password

















In next step, It will ask for the diskgroup that to be used for the Storage, As I have created only one diskgroup DATA, I will select it only.

















In next step I specified the files should be OMF Files

















Step 9 of 13: Flash Recovery Area,

















After the successful installation of Oracle Database with ASM File system, I log in at Enterprise Manager to verify datafiles storage. On the main page of Oracle EM, I got new link for ASM instance, check below image.




















After clicking on the +ASM_standby link, I was directed to a below ASM page in EM. .














Add Image
Data Files in ASM

No comments: