Friday, July 1, 2011

Adding DISK in DISKGROUP

I have two disks, disk1 and disk2, I want to add new disk3 to diskgroup DATA.

SQL> select disk_number, name, path from v$ASM_DISK;

DISK_NUMBER NAME PATH
----------- ------------------------------ --------------------
0 DATA_0000 D:\ASMDISK\DISK1
1 DATA_0001 D:\ASMDISK\DISK2

When I execute the below command for adding disk3, i get below error.














The error :
ORA-15031: disk specification 'D:\asmdisk\disk3' matches no disk



I realized that I need to create a disk physically, then I should create the disk3 with above command.
asmtool -create d:\asmdisk\disk3 1024







SQL> alter diskgroup data add disk 'D:\asmdisk\disk3';

Diskgroup altered.




SQL> select disk_number, name, path from v$ASM_DISK;











In my Next, post I will delete disk, diskgroup from ASM.

No comments: